Laboratory Asset Management
Helping life science companies to manage, maintain, and monetize their laboratory equipment assets.
At American Laboratory Trading, we handle every step of the lab equipment life cycle for you, from installation to inventory management, decommissioning, and disposition, all while maximizing your return on investment.
We understand your needs and tailor our services to meet them—whether you're a drug discovery start-up moving a single lab to a new location, or an international pharmaceutical company liquidating equipment across multiple facilities.
We manage equipment from all manufacturers and offer a full range of services including:
- Surplus asset disposition through outright purchase, consignment, or auction
- Turnkey move management including decontamination, decommissioning, packing & shipping
- Deinstallation, benchmarking, and reinstallation
- Chemical and waste management
- Inventory management with quarterly or semi-annual equipment audits
- Asset assessment and valuation
- Asset management software to track inventory, service contracts & maintenance history
Flexible options to monetize surplus or idle lab equipment
As the largest supplier of premium refurbished lab equipment in North America, we know your equipment and the resale market.
Our asset management program allows you to understand the value of your investment. We help ensure that your equipment provides the greatest return at the lowest cost, enabling you to move your research forward more efficiently—from ideas to promising treatments.
In 2016 alone, we provided over 300 companies with turnkey solutions for monetizing their surplus laboratory assets.
LAB ASSET MANAGEMENT CASE STUDY: Multinational Energy Company
Challenge: A multinational energy company needed to shut down a biofuels research hub with 50,000 square feet of lab space in San Diego, California.
Solution: The company partnered with American Laboratory Trading to catalog, remove, and store over 1000 pieces of equipment with a market value of over $4M. American Laboratory Trading purchased the equipment outright.
Benefit: The energy company was able to partner with a single vendor to handle the entire equipment disposition process. The proceeds were used to launch a spin-off company in a new facility.
Due to strategy-related changes in their approach to biofuels production, a large multinational energy company made the decision to close various facilities, including a research hub in San Diego, California.
After shifting as much equipment as possible to other facilities, the company was left with a large number of instruments in their 50,000 square feet of lab space. The remaining equipment included:
- A QPix colony picker
- A Chemspeed lab automation system
- Large number of bioreactors, from 10L to 300L
The American Laboratory Trading team catalogued and barcoded each instrument, then reconciled the inventory with company records. After ALT moved and stored all equipment, the facility was thoroughly cleaned.
- Over 1000 instruments catalogued and removed from 50,000 square feet of lab space
- Company effectively monetized their surplus lab equipment through outright purchase by American Laboratory Trading
- Funds were used to launch spinoff company in a new location