Oct 11, 2018
2018 BioFlorida Annual Conference
Hundreds of Florida's Life Science Leaders to Convene at
BioFlorida Annual Conference
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL - Hundreds of Florida's executives, scientists, researchers, investors, legislators and service providers from the biopharma, medical device and healthIT industries will gather October 14-16 at The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to hear from experts on recent industry trends, connect with investors and potential partners, and celebrate Florida innovation and achievements - all to continue the growth of the industry in the state.
The 21st BioFlorida Annual Conference will feature recent scientific and business achievements, explore high-impact public policy initiatives, drive partnerships, and will include a special focus on Latin America and potential areas of collaboration. Three distinct, interactive programming tracks will offer attendees timely insights while showcasing the momentum and ingenuity of Florida's life sciences industry.
- Keynote Speakers:
- Gregory Frost, PhD, Chairman & CEO, F1 Oncology
- Graham Brazier, Vice President, Business Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Senator Lori Berman, Florida State Senate
- The Founder/CEO Panel: Case Studies from Florida's Experts will showcase pathways to success and advice to entrepreneurs from CEO/founders leading Florida's life sciences industry, including John Engels, Investor & Co-Founder, AxoGen; Maurice R. Ferré, MD, CEO & Chairman, INSIGHTEC; Robert G. Finizio, CEO, Co-Founder & Director, TherapeuticsMD; and Stephen C. Glover, Co-Founder, CEO & Chairman, Variant Pharmaceuticals.
- A focus on Latin America featuring Latin America Industry Dynamics and Collaboration with Latin America: Expanding Florida's Life Science Footprint.
- BioScience sessions featuring Florida's areas of strength and top researchers and most innovative companies: regenerative medicine, neurosciences and cancer.
- BioTrend sessions highlighting the latest trends in the life sciences: Expanding Role of Hospital Centers: Research and Patient Focus, Advancing Research: Keys to Successful Spin Outs and Partnerships, Next Generation Medical Technology, and HealthIT Advancements: Going Digital to Improve Healthcare & Treatment.
- BioBusiness sessions highlighting company successes and providing entrepreneurial and executive level support in funding, commercialization, pricing and reimbursement including: Roadmap to Commercialization, Investment Strategy: How to Win a Pitch, and Value-Based Pricing and Reimbursement Realities in 2018.
- Spotlight on Innovation will feature the following four companies that have met significant milestones over the last year: TherapeuticsMD (Boca Raton), CTD Holdings (Gainesville), HedgePath Pharmaceuticals (Tampa) and Hesperos (Orlando).
- A BioPitch Competition featuring 16 seed and early-stage companies who will compete during closed-door sessions with 16 investors before four finalists are selected. The semi-finalists include: Antibiotic Adjuvant (Gainesville), Aventusoft (Boca Raton), Celigenex (Fort Lauderdale), Dalent Medical (Coral Gables), HealthSteps (Gainesville), KynderMed (Tallahassee), M:14;22-33 (Gainesville), Moterum Technologies (Seneca, SC), Nutent Therapeutics (Boca Raton), RashEndZ (St. Petersburg), Resility Health (Jacksonville), Simple Foods Collaborative Company (Hallandale Beach), STAT3 Therapeutics (Coral Springs), Stuart Therapeutics (Stuart), ThNA BioSciences (Tampa) and Vestion (Miami).
- Award Ceremony recognizing the most successful companies and entrepreneurs in the state.
- CEO, Research and Incubator Forums that will bring together peers from across the state to share best practices and facilitate collaboration.
To view full agenda or to register, visit https://bit.ly/2NcFHgq.