Jan 26, 2018
LAB TIPS: 13 STEPS FOR HPLC ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
To minimize the downtime in your lab, be sure your High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) is properly maintained. If not, the pressure of the system can build up, the lines can get blocked, and the columns don’t last forever. Here are some suggestions to help you maintain your HPLC and increase your instrument's reliability.
Easy 13 Step Routine Pump Maintenance:
1. Remove and disassemble the pump head.
2. Remove and clean pistons.
3. Replace piston seals.
4. If the seal wash option is installed, replace the wash seals and gaskets.
5. Inspect the springs.
6. Reassemble the pump head and reinstall.
7. Perform seal wear-in procedure.
8. Clean or replace the check valves.
9. Flush with isopropanol.
10. Clean or replace the solvent inlet filters.
11. Clean the leak sensor.
12. Make certain the waste tube is in place.
13. Test the pump (Pressure and leak test).
Stay connected with us on LinkedIn and Twitter to receive more ALT Lab Tips, as well as New Arrival notifications, company news and promotions.