Aug 18, 2015
TIPS AND TRICKS: SIX STEPS TO CLEAN OR REPLACE THE SOLVENT INLET FILTERS
There’s a lot that can go wrong with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The pressure of the system can get crazy, the lines can get blocked, and the columns don’t last forever. While we can’t solve all of your HPLC problems, we will periodically post some suggestions to help you maintain your HPLC to the best of your ability. To receive more tips and tricks be sure to follow us on twitter and linkedin.
*Note: Do not sonicate the glass filters, may cause breakage
- Remove the solvent inlet filters.
- Keep a clean solvent inlet filter on hand to compare.
- Replace the filters or, for glass filters soak them in concentrated nitric acid (35%) for one hour or sonicate stainless filters for 1 hour.
- Flush well with water or column damage may occur.
- Reinstall the solvent inlet filters.
- Use Stainless Steel filters for RRLC system.
Check back next week for Easy 13 Step Routine Pump Maintenance as part of ALT’s Tips and Tricks.