Careers at American Laboratory Trading, Inc.
At American Laboratory Trading, we work hard to lower the cost of entry for early-stage life science companies and academic researchers around the world. Our team also helps biotechs and pharma companies of all sizes to efficiently manage and maximize the value of their laboratory equipment assets.
Our employees come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, from science to sales to engineering. If you see an open position below that looks like a fit, please apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
In-House Service Engineer
Date Posted: October 11, 2016
Looking for a stable, long-term postion with an industry leader?
American Laboratory Trading, Inc. (ALT), the leading reseller of used lab equipment in North America, is currently looking for a Service Engineer for an immediate opening. If you’re interested in a challenging career with a growing company, ALT is looking for you. Successful candidate must demonstrate excellent technical and troubleshooting skills as they will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of multiple vendor lab instruments.
- Maintenance and support of multiple vendor instruments.
- To be successful in this role, individual must possess excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Ensure that quality system procedures and Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Experience with lab equipment is helpful, but not required.
- HPLC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS experience a bonus
- Additional key product categories include: centrifuge, spectrophotometer, incubators/ovens, microplate readers, PCR, and more.
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology or 4+ years of experience in a related field is required.
- 2 years advanced training in electronic, mechanical principles, or related experience. preferred. Refrigeration system certification extremely helpful.
- Sound knowledge of PC operating systems and basic computer network skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective system level approach to problem solving.
- Analytical mindset and strong drive to resolve open issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ALT is located in East Lyme, Connecticut and we offer a casual work environment with a great team of people. Our standard business hours are Monday — Friday, 8:30am — 5:00pm. If you feel that you would be a great addition to our organization, please submit your resume with salary requirements. Full compensation package depending on experience. Due to the high number of resumes that we receive, we can only respond to those that will be invited in for interviews.
Please EMAIL resume or fax to 860-691-2447. No calls please.