The ABI PRISM 7000 Sequence Detection System is a complete, real-time PCR system that detects and quantitates nucleic acid sequences. In real-time PCR, cycle-by-cycle detection of accumulated PCR product is made possible by combining thermal cycling, fluorescence detection, and application-specific software in a single instrument.
- System components:
- Peltier-based, 96-well block thermal cycling system
- Tungsten-halogen excitation source
- Fluorescence detection via a CCD camera
- Software: Windows 2000 Operating System
- Weight: 75 lb. (34 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 15.25 x 20.75 x 19.75 in. (39 x 53 x 51 cm)