The Agilent 7200 Accurate Q-TOF Mass Spectrometer G3851A is a stand-alone quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometer for use with the Agilent 7890 Gas Chromatograph.
The Agilent 7200 Accurate Q-TOF Mass Spectrometer G3851A incorporates a hexapole collision cell blanketed with nitrogen gas, to improve the ion fragmentation prior to detection quantification. The instrument also includes new ion optics for focusing the ions prior to the flight tube and detector. This configuration has advantages for many applications. The data is interpreted through the use of the MassHunter WorkStation software, which provides quantitative and qualitative analyses of the data obtained. The Agilent 7200 Accurate Q-TOF Mass Spectrometer G3851A can operate in either TOF mode or MS/MS mode. When operating in TOF mode, the instrument can obtain high resolution, accurate mass measurements, and fast full spectrum acquisition. MS/MS mode provides high resolution, accurate mass measurements, and fast full product ion spectra with high sensitivity.
- Three turbomolecular vacuum pumps
- Rotary vane foreline pump
- Independently MS-heated removable EI or CI ion source
- Removable ion source (RIS), which allows quick change from EI to CI source with minimal loss of vacuum in the instrument
- Independently MS-heated hyperbolic quadrupole mass filter, which can be heated to high temperatures, minimizing the contamination typical with low temperature analyses
- Single hexapole collision cell
- Vacuum-insulated flight tube with dual-stage ion mirror
- Fast electronics, allowing fast sampling rates
- Analog-to-digital detector
- Independently GC-heated GC/MS interface with automatic retraction during source removal