The Agilent 1200 Series G1312A Binary Pump is designed for top performance high-pressure mixing.
This unit's reliable design keeps maintenance to a minimum by using electronically-controlled active inlet-valves for flow rates up to 5.0 mL/min. Floating pistons ensure the highest seal, low internal and external volumes of capillary connections, minimum bench space needed due to two dual-piston, in-series pumps in one housing.
A wide flow range starting at typically 50 uL/min for reproducible gradients at low flow with solvent degassing.
The binary pump is based on a two-channel, dual-piston in-series design which comprises all essential functions that a solvent delivery system has to fulfill. Metering of solvent and delivery to the high-pressure side are performed by two pump assemblies which can generate pressure up to 400 bar.
Each channel comprises a pump assembly including pump drive, pump head, active inlet valve which has a replaceable cartridge, and outlet valve. Both channels are connected in a low-volume mixing chamber which is connected by a capillary coil to a damping unit and a mixer.
A purge valve including a PTFE frit is fitted at the pump outlet for convenient priming of the pumping system.
- Weight: 15.5 kg (34 lbs)
- Dimensions: 7 x 13.5 x 17 in. (18 x 34.5 x 43.5 cm)
- Line voltage: 100 – 240 VAC, ± 10%, Wide-ranging capability
- Line frequency: 50 or 60 Hz, ± 5%
- Power consumption: 220 VA, 74 W / 253 BTU Maximum
- Ambient operating temperature: 4–55 °C (41–131 °F)
- Ambient non-operating temperature: -40–70 °C (-4–158 °F)
- Humidity: < 95%, at 25–40 °C (77–104 °F) Non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: Up to 2000 m (6500 ft)
- Non-operating altitude: Up to 4600 m (14950 ft) For storing the module
- Safety standards: IEC, CSA, UL, Installation Category II, Pollution Degree 2
- For indoor use only. Research Use Only. Not for use in Diagnostic Procedures.
- Hydraulic system: Two dual piston in series pumps with proprietary servo-controlled variable stroke drive, floating piston design and active inlet valve
- Setable flow range: Setpoints 0.001 – 5 ml/min, in 0.001 ml/min increments
- Flow range: 0.1 – 5.0 ml/min
- Flow precision: £ 0.07% RSD, or £ 0.02 min SD whatever is greater, based on retention time at constant room temperature
- Flow accuracy: ± 1% or 10 µl/min whatever is greater
- Pressure: Operating range 0 400 bar (0 – 5880 psi) up to 5 ml/min
- Pressure pulsation: < 2 % amplitude (typically < 1 %), at 1 ml/min isopropanol, at all pressures > 1 MPa
- Compressibility compensation: User-selectable, based on mobile phase compressibility
- Recommended pH range: 1.0 – 12.5, solvents with pH < 2.3 should not contain acids which attack stainless steel
- Gradient formation: High-pressure binary mixing, delay volume 180 – 480 µl without mixer, 600 – 900 µl with mixer, dependent on back pressure
- Composition range: 1 – 99 % or 5 µl/min per channel, whatever is greater
- Composition precision: £ 0.5% absolute
- Composition accuracy: ± 0.15% RSD, at 1 ml/min
- Control and data evaluation: Agilent ChemStation for LC
- Analog output: For pressure monitoring, 2 mV/bar, one output
- Communications: Controller-area network (CAN), GPIB, RS-232C, APG Remote: ready, start, stop and shut-down signals, LAN optional
- Safety and maintenance: Extensive diagnostics, error detection and display (through handheld controllers G4208A, G1323B and Agilent ChemStation), leak detection, safe leak handling, leak output signal for shutdown of pumping system. Low voltages in major maintenance areas.
- GLP features: Early maintenance feedback (EMF) for continuous tracking of instrument usage in terms of seal wear and volume of pumped mobile phase with user-settable limits and feedback messages. Electronic records of maintenance and errors.
- Housing: All materials recyclable.
A vacuum degasser is required for use with flow rates below 500 µl/min.