The Agilent Technologies 1200 Series G2226A Nano Pump consists of 2 identical pumping units in a single housing. The pump generates gradients by high-pressure mixing with a solvent selection valve that provides solvent flexibility. Nano pump flow range is between 0.1 μl/min and 1 μl/min.
The Agilent G2226A Nano Pump uses a unique solvent delivery technology optimized for nanoliter-per-minute flows and features EFC (Electronic Flow Control) with active feedback and real time flow adjustment. EFC is the gold standard for robust and reliable nanoflow performance and delivers the precise flow and gradient performance necessary for retention time reproducibility and stable ion generation essential for high sensitivity nanospray MS performance.
- Electronic Flow Control (EFC) provides real-time adjustment of the flow rate throughout the analysis for reliable and reproducible results.
- Micro vacuum degassing with very low internal volume per channel (1 mL) for fast changeover of mobile phase and quick purge.
- Control from handheld controller for convenient local status monitoring.
- 2nd generation flow sensors.
- Application focus: High resolution separations and high sensitivity MS detection. Proteomics is a typical application area for the nanoflow pump.
- Hydraulic system: Two dual piston in series, with proprietary servo-controlled variable stroke drive, floating piston, active inlet valve, solvent selection valve and electronic flow control for flow rates from 0.1 to 1 µl/min
- Settable column flow range: 0.01 – 4 µl/min; 1 – 2500 µl/min (with the electronic flow control bypassed)
- Recommended column flow range: 0.1 – 1 µl/min; 200 – 2500 µl/min (with the electronic flow sensor bypassed)
- Optimum composition range: 1 to 99% or 5 µl/min per channel (primary flow), whatever is greater
- Composition precision: < 0.2 % SD, at 500 nl/min (default settings), Minimum primary flow/pump channel is 5 µl/min
- Delay volume: Typically 300 nl from the electronic flow control to the pump outlet for flow rates up to 4 µl/min. For flow rates up to 4 µl/min and electronic flow control active: primary flow path 180 – 480 µl; system pressure dependent (default settings; calculated volume) Typically 180 to 480 µl (system pressure dependent) for flow rates up to 2.5 ml/min. (default settings; calculated volume)
- Pressure range: 20 to 400 bar (5880 psi) system pressure
- Compressibility compensation: User-selectable, based on mobile phase compressibility
- Recommended pH range: 1.0 – 8.5, solvents with pH < 2.3 should not contain acids which attack stainless steel. Upper pH range is limited by fused silica capillaries.
- Control and data evaluation: Agilent ChemStation for LC
- Analog output Communications: For pressure monitoring, 2 mV/bar, one output; Controller-area network (CAN), GPIB, RS-232C, APG Remote: ready, start, stop and shut-down signals, LAN optional
- Control and data evaluation: Agilent control software (e.g. Chem Station, EZ Chrom, OL, etc.)
- Safety and maintenance: Extensive diagnostics, error detection and display (through control module and Agilent ChemStation), leak detection, safe leak handling, leak output signal for shutdown of pumping system. Low voltages in major maintenance areas.
- GLP features: Early maintenance feedback (EMF) for continuous tracking of instrument usage in terms of seal wear and volume of pumped mobile phase with user-settable limits and feedback messages. Electronic records of maintenance and errors.