The Agilent 1200 Series (G4218A) Evaporative Light Scattering Detector (ELSD) is designed to detect compounds in the eluent from high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), micro-HPLC, gel permeation chromatography (GPC) or counter current chromatography (CCC). It is capable of monitoring eluent flow rates from 5 μl/min to 5 ml/min. Evaporative light scattering detection is a universal technique which can detect any non-volatile analyte. Detection does not depend on the absorbtion of radiation and is not affected by the absorbtion characteristics of the solvent; thus solvents which absorb UV radiation can be used.
- Detection: High Sensitivity Photomultiplier
- Light Source: Selected High Efficiency Blue LED
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 100°C
- Gas Flow Control: Manual and computer controlled nebulization gas flow and auxiliary gas flow.
- Gas Consumption: Less than 4 l/min for the Large Flow Nebulizer, less than 3 l/min for all other nebulizers.
- Eluent Flow Rate:
Micro Flow Nebulizer: 5 μl/min to 50 μl/min
Semi Micro Flow Nebulizer: 40 μl/min to 1 ml/min
Standard Flow Nebulizer: 500 μl/min to 2 ml/min
Large Flow Nebulizer: 1.5 to 5 ml/min
- Power: 100 V / 2.1 A, 115 V/60 Hz, 1.8 A or 230V/50 Hz, 1.7 A
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 25 x 45 x 55 cm (10"x 18" x 22")
- Weight: 18.5 kg (40 lb.)