The Specular Reflectance Accessory VW is designed to measure mirror-like reflectance off sample surfaces such as mirrors or surfaces covered with glossy paints. Its wide applications include determining the degree of polishing of an optical surface and measuring the film thickness of thin coatings. The single bounce technique is used for maximum light throughput to measure samples with very low reflectance such as anti-reflection coatings. A mirror of known reflectivity next to the sample reflects the first bounce of the light. The sample then reflects the second bounce. The data is corrected for the mirror’s contribution to the signal.
Features and specifications include:
- Accuracy: Better than 1% reflectance
- Wavelength range: 190-900 nm
- Angle of incidence: 7 degrees
- Sample sizes:Maximum: 127 mm x 127 mm x 35 mm for one reflection, 25 mm x 13 mm for two reflections, Minimum: 8 mm x 13 mm for one reflection
- Capable of measuring samples as small as 12 mm in diameter.