The Amersham Pharmacia Biotech FRAC-950 Fraction Collector is designed for use in liquid chromatography as part of an ÄKTAdesign chromatography system.
Featuring the ability to set the fractionation base to time or volume, the Fraction Collector has collection vessels positioned in a rack that can be pre-programmed (using standard racks), or that can occupy any position within the fractionation area (new rack definition).
In standard mode, which is the normal operational mode, the capillary delivering the liquid is fixed and the rack holding the collecting vessels moves in an x-y coordinate system to position the vessels under the capillary tip for collection. In prep mode, the opposite applies with the rack holding the collecting vessels is fixed and the capillary delivering the liquid moves.
- Maximum flow rate: 100 ml/min
- pH stability range: 1 to 13, 1 to 14 (<1 day exposure)
- Fraction size - Volume mode: 0.1 to 99999.99 mL
- Fraction size - Time mode: 0.1 to 99999.99 min
- Dimensions: 19 x 15 x 22 in (48 × 38 x 55 cm)
- Weight: 37 lbs (16.5 kg)