The Applied Biosystems 3500 Genetic Analyzer is an 8-capillary sequencing instrument specifically designed to support the demanding performance needs of validated and process controlled environments, while retaining the unsurpassed application versatility that life science researchers expect.
The 3500 series systems significantly improves signal uniformity from instrument-to-instrument, run-to-run, and capillary-to-capillary. With a combination of intelligent hardware, powerful new algorithm and reagent combinations, these methods provide major reduction in the range of signal peak heights obtained across multiple 3500 series instruments.
New thermal sub-system design gives enhanced performance in demanding fragment applications enabling improved sizing precision versus previous generations of capillary electrophoresis platforms.
- An 8 capillary system that can easily be upgraded to a 24-capillary system when you’re ready
- Single-line, 505 nm, solid-state, long-life laser that utilizes a standard power supply and requires no heat-removal ducting
- Powerful, integrated data collection and primary analysis software provides real-time assessment of data quality
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology tracks key consumables data and records administrative information
- Advanced multiplexing capabilities for DNA fragment analysis with up to six unique dyes
- Unrivaled application flexibility—one array and one polymer are used for most applications
- Simple setup, operation and maintenance
|50 cm, 36 cm
|Electrophoresis Voltage Up to 20 kV
|Number of Capillaries
|POP-4, POP-6, POP-7
|>850 bp using a 50 cm capillary and POP-7 polymer
|Up to 424 samples per day (using run module HID36 POP-7)
|82 kg (approximately)
|15°C-30°C; <2° fluctuation during runs