The Applied Biosystems 9800 FAST Thermal Cycler is used for obtaining rapid PCR reactions, capable of cutting them down from two hours to under 30 minutes.
The 9800 FAST consists of two components: a base module and a sample block module.
The base module has a user control panel interface that consists of a keypad and graphical display showing time and temperature profiles for each run, pre-PCR holds, PCR cycling and post-PCR holds. It features built in temperature sensors making it simple to control uniform temperature and an on board memory bank to store created protocols in addition to the ones pre-programmed into the unit. Users can also check the system's integrity at any time by utilizing its on-board system diagnostics tools.
The 96 well sample block module is interchangeable with other sample blocks to allow format changes and throughput capacity and delivers accurate temperatures in minutes.
The 9800 FAST can be used with fast PCR Master Mixes in order to produce higher quality PCR amplifications allowing for increased speeds during DNA sequencing.
- Block Format: 96 Well
- Ramp Speeds: Heating: 5.0°C/seconds; Cooling: 4.1°C/seconds
- Thermal Non Uniformity: 95 °C, 10 seconds after clock start; 55°C, 10 seconds after clock start
- Temperature Range:4.0°C – 99.9°C
- Ramp Mode Choices: Fast and Standard Modes
- ABI 9800 Cycle Speed: < 10 minutes to uniformity cycle samples from 94°C, 0 seconds to 64°C, 0 seconds 25 times
- Block Temperature Accuracy: ±0.25°C over the temperature range 35 – 100°C
- Ports: PCMCIA card used for portable memory
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 12” x 20.5” x 10.5”
- Power: 115-208V 50/60HzWeight: 25lbs
Call today or click the orange 'Request a Quote' button above for more information about the Applied Biosystems 9800 FAST Thermal Cycler!