The Applied Biosystems 7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR System is a sequence detection system instrument designed for automated, high-throughput detection of fluorescent PCR-related chemistries.
It supports many real-time PCR applications for custom assays like gene expression, SNP genotyping, viral load analysis, miRNA qualification, and pathogen detection.
The 7900HT system extends high-throughput performance beyond sample analysis by streamlining operation and makes results easy to interpret.
- Block Format: Interchangeable
- Capacity: Up to 36 x 96-well plates, or Up to 84 x 384-well plates
- Detection Method: Primer-Probe Detection, SYBR
- Dynamic Range: Up to 9 logs of linear dynamic range
- High Throughput Compatibility: High Throughput-Compatible, Multiplexing
- Optics: Extended-life 488 nm argon-ion laser excitation source, No filters (CCD acts as spectrograph with continuous detection 500 -650 nm)
- Passive Reference Dye: No ROX, Other Passive Reference Dye, ROX (Pre-mixed), ROX (Separate Tube)
- Reaction Speed: Fast
- Sample Ramp Rate: Fast mode: ± 3.0°C⁄sec, Standard mode: ± 1.6°C⁄sec
- Sensitivity: Down to 10 copies
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.25°C of display temperature
- Temperature Range (Metric): 4-100°C
- Temperature Uniformity: ±0.5°C
- Thermal Cycling System: Peltier-Based System
- Throughput: ≥10,000 endpoint PCR rxns per hour (384-well block and automation accessory), ≥5,000 real-time PCR rxns per day (384-well block and automation accessory)
- Weight: 82 kg (180 lbs)
- Dimensions: 72 cm x 64 cm x 84 cm (with drawer open)