The Bio-Rad C1000 Touch is a fully programmable Thermal Cycler used for PCR reactions with a user-friendly touch interface and flexible construction. The reaction blocks on the Bio-Rad PCR system are easy to change without the use of tools. Each block comes equipped with adjustable heated cover which allows for a variety of sealers and vessels such as standard PCR plates and low-profile plates. The Bio-Rad C1000 Touch offers a top shelf graphical display built on the best Icycler DNA Engine combining these two platforms makes this PCR one of the best on today’s market. In addition to reliability, the C1000 Touch thermal cycler from BioRad comes equipped with USB ports compatible with flash drives so you can easily take your data with you at a click of a stick.
This PCR Machine comes with a protocol auto writer that aids end users with writing fast and ultrafast standards making the entire experience user friendly. The BioRad C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler includes software which easily hand-shakes with your computer allowing to quickly transfer and save data. This gradient thermal cycler supports a variety of consumables making the C1000 Touch from BioRad the best in its class among DNA engines. The sleek design takes up a small footprint of 13” x 18” inches lab space and weighs a mere 34 pounds but packs a punch in term of PCR reaction. Some additional features include password protection of data, folders, and login. Data can easily be exported and filtered into system error logs and run logs. The software accompanying the BioRad C1000 is compatible with Windows XP (recommended) or higher. The temperature control mode of this Bio-Rad PCR uses a calculated block.
Use the C1000 Touch thermal cycler with 96–deep well reaction module to run PCR reactions in plate or tube formats.
Features and Benefits
- Quick and easy protocol programming — 2 programming options, including the Protocol Autowriter, which automatically generates customized standard, fast, and ultrafast protocolsEasy protocol editing — the large color touch screen and redesigned navigation make editing and running protocols easy
- Flexible platform — change throughput capability by linking up to 3 additional S1000™ thermal cyclers or adding PC control for up to 32 cyclers
- Advanced file management — USB flash drive compatibility allows universal protocol transfer and unlimited data storage
- Thermal gradient — quickly and easily identify optimal annealing temperatures by using the programmable temperature gradient
Applications and Uses
- Cycle sequencing
- Gene expression studies
The C1000 Touch thermal cycler can be used with six interchangeable reaction modules, including:
- A gradient-enabled 96-well fast module
- A gradient-enabled 96–deep well module
- A gradient-enabled dual 48/48-well fast module that allows 2 independently controlled protocols to be run side by side in a single bay
- A gradient-enabled 384-well module for high throughput
- 2 modules for real-time PCR detection