The Bio-Rad PTC0200 DNA Engine Peltier Thermal Cycler is a reliable peltier thermocycler that boasts of a polished and robust design. The Hot Bonnet heated lid fitted into the PTC 200 Thermo Cycler controls pressure and height. As a result, various plastic wares can be accommodated by the PTC-200 system. This feature enables oil-free cycling as well. The Peltier-effect heat pumps of the system facilitate repeated cycling using the PTC-200 thermal cycler.
BioRad PTC-200 thermal cyclers are equipped with interchangeable sample blocks and heat pump assemblies which allow users to easily change formats in between runs while maintaining NIST-traceable accuracy. Single control units of this model can also be supplied with different alpha modules and alpha blocks to increase functionality. Users can achieve thermal control with this instrument by using either a block-in sample probe or calculated methods. Block controls enhance compatibility with protocols while calculated sample temperature controls highly boost speed and accuracy.
- Interchangeable sample blocks—the Alpha™ unit family— that accommodate many types of tubes, microplates, and slides (Single-Block, Dual-Block, Slide Block, Moto Alpha™)
- Hot Bonnet® heated lid (or its remote-controlled version, the motorized Moto Alpha™ Moto Alpha unit) for oil-free cycling
- Intuitive software with easy-to-read interface for quick and painless programming, editing, file management, password protection, and much more
- Choice of calculated sample temperature control for highest speed and accuracy, or block control for compatibility with protocols designed for a variety of instrument types
- Space-saving design for easy setup and transportation
- Instant Incubate feature for continuous-temperature incubations
- Networking of up to 15 machines, for convenient remote operation and documentation of runs
- Customizable factory-installed protocols
- Thermal range: –5°C to 105°C, but no more than 30°C below ambient temperature
- Thermal accuracy: ±0.3°C of programmed target at 90°C, NIST-traceable
- Thermal uniformity: ±0.4°C well-to-well within 30 seconds of arrival at 90°C
- Ramping speed: Up to 3°C/sec for all single- and dual-block Alpha units; up to 1.2°C/sec for the Slide Chambers Alpha unit.
- Sample capacity: Varies with installed Alpha unit
- Line voltage: DNA Engine® cycler: 100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, 1 ph
- Fuses: Two 6.3 A, 250 V, 5 x 20 mm
- Displays: One 20 x 4 LCD alphanumeric display
- One 25-pin 8-bit parallel interface printer port
- One 9-pin RS-232 serial port for printer or remote use
- One IEEE-488 bidirectional general purpose interface bus
- Memory: 400 typical programs in up to 12 individual folders
- Weight: 16.8 - 20.5 lbs. (7.6 – 9.3 kg)
- Dimensions: 6.7" W x 9.5" H x 13.8" D (17 w cm x 24 h cm x 35 d cm)