The Biorobotics BP600 Automated Colony Picking Robot is designed to provide a complete, walk-away solution in a benchtop format. Adopting a 3 dimensional approach, the BP600 allows higher capacity and more features within a given area than would be possible using conventional robotics. At the heart of the system is the unique picking arm and consistent, pinpoint accuracy. The system's CCD camera is fixed which maximizes fidelity of colony imaging and permits a very high degree of discrimination in colony selection. The innovative turntable design brings each destination microplate in turn to the picking area.
- Picking rate 20,000 colonies per day
- Picks into both 96 and 384 well microplates
- Capacity 24 microplates
- Picking accuracy 50 micron
- Minimum colony diameter 300 micron
- Maximum colony density 20/cm2