The Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation is a powerful solution for automating numerous critical yet routine molecular biology processes such as nucleic acid purification, reaction setup, and normalization. This benchtop workstation is designed to remove many of the technical hurdles of automating these protocols, without sacrificing functionality and flexibility.
The Zephyr Workstation is the perfect compliment for today’s molecular biology laboratories. Whether isolating total RNA, purifying PCR fragments, setting up reactions, or normalizing DNA samples, the Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation provides a straight forward and simplified approach, which reduces errors and ensures reproducibility.
The Zephyr is a powerful liquid handling solution that eliminates the typical challenges associated with automating standard molecular biology processes via the inclusion of pre-packaged automation protocols that may be selected and run by lab technicians.
- Unlike other liquid handling systems, the Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation incorporates several unique features and automatic safeguards that virtually eliminate processing errors.
- The Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation is equipped with an ultrasonic sensor for the detection of liquid height. This non-contact feature is integrated into the method and eliminates the potential for overflow, which is a primary source of cross contamination during filtration.
- Correct deck setup is critical for proper sample processing. The Zephyr Molecular Biology Workstation GUI provides the user with a deck map that indicates which consumables and reagents are needed where they belong.
- The built-in reagent calculators automatically determine appropriate quantities and volumes of reagents.
Zephyr’s small footprint fits on to a standard lab bench, requiring no special table, while offering flexibility for molecular biology applications such as:
- DNA extraction
- RNA extraction
- Plasmid isolation
- PCR purification
- Sequencing reaction clean-up
- PCR setup
- Sequencing reaction setup
- DNA and RNA normalization
- Partial or whole plate
- Volume range: High Volume Head (HVH) 1 - 200 µL
- Precision: High Volume Head (HVH) 1 - 5 µL: CV <5%; 5 - 200 µL: CV <2%; 2 - 25 µL or 50 µL: CV 5%
- Dimensions: 29.5" W x 25.5" H x 22" D (74.9 x 55.9 x 25.5 cm)
- Weight: 185 lbs (75 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 15 - 35°C (59 - 95°F)
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 85% RH, non condensing
- Air Supply: Regulated 35 - 65 psi
- Power Input: 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA max. or 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA max.