The Dionex IonPac® CG12A is a medium-capacity, carboxylate-functionalized cation-exchange column recommended for fast, isocratic separation of lithium, sodium, ammonium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium using methanesulfonic or sulfuric acid eluents in diverse sample matrices.
The medium-capacity IonPac CG12A cation-exchange column supports fast, isocratic separation with suppressed conductivity detection. Sample matrices include environmental and drinking waters; soil extracts; acid digests; power plant waters treated with ammonium or morpholine; chemical additives; chemical process solutions; scrubber solutions; plating baths; and industrial solvents..
- Robust, reliable column for separation of group I and II cations plus ammonium
- Recommended for separation of manganese and morpholine
- Recommended for analyses of inorganic cations in complex matrices
- Simplified Reagent-Free IC operation provided by the EG or eluent regeneration
- Compatible with organic solvents (except alcohols), high temperatures, and high acid concentrations
- The CG12A-MS column offers fast elution at the low flow rates required for IC-MS, making it ideal for IC-MS screening
- For disparate concentration ratios of adjacent-eluting cations, the high-capacity IonPac CG16 is recommended
- Dimensions: 4 × 50 mm
- Maximum operating pressure: 4000 psi (standard and microbore) 5000 psi (capillary)
- Mobile phase compatibility: Acidic eluents; 0–100% acetonitrile. Alcohols should be avoided.
- Substrate characteristics Bead Diameter: 8 µm (0.4 x 250, 2 x 100, 2 x 250 and 4 x 250 mm),
- 5 µm (0.4 x 150 and 3 x 150 mm)
- Cross-Linking (%DVB): 55%
- Functional group characteristics Ion-Exchange Groups: Grafted carboxylic acid and phosphonic acid
- Surface Characteristics: Medium hydrophilic
- Column construction: PEEK with 10-32 threaded ferrule-style end fittings.
- All components are nonmetallic.