The Invitrogen Countess II Automated Cell Counter is a benchtop assay platform equipped with state-of-the-art optics, full autofocus, and image analysis software for rapid assessment of cells in suspension.
The Countess II Automated Cell Counter uses trypan blue staining combined with an auto-focus mechanism and sophisticated image analysis algorithm to obtain accurate cell and viability counts. The measurement range extends from 1 x 10e4 to 1 x 10e7 cells/mL (the optimal range is 1 x 10e5 to 4 x 10e6 cells/mL), which is broader than that of a hemocytometer. The optimal cell size for accurate viability assessment is 7–60 µm, while particles as small as 4 µm can be successfully counted.
Using the USB port on the Countess II Automated Cell Counter, you can save your cell count results and images, and then transfer them to your PC.
The Countess II Automated Cell Counter works in 3 simple steps:
- 1. Mix 10 µL of sample with 10 µL of trypan blue and pipet into a disposable Countess chamber slide.
- 2. Insert the slide into the instrument.
- 3. Press the 'Count' button.
- Accurate - use the Countess II Automated Cell Counter to eliminate the subjectivity of manual cell counting and user-to-user variability
- Fast - the Countess II Automated Cell Counter provides a total cell count, reports viability, and measures average cell size in as little as 10 seconds
- Convenient - the Countess II Automated Cell Counter requires no cleaning or routine maintenance. A capacitive touchscreen and simple user interface provides quick startup and requires minimal training.
|Capacity||One 2-chamber disposable slide|
|Cell Size||4-60 µm (detection), 7-60 µm (viability)|
|Dimensions||9" W x 5.5" D x 9" H (22.86 x 13.97 x 22.86 cm)|
|Display||7" Capacitive touch screen|
|Field||2.15 mm x 1.62 mm (3.48 mm2)|