The Labconco 3' Protector XVS Ventilation Station (CAT 4863010) With Guardian 500 Airflow Monitor may be used as light duty fume hoods, science classroom work stations, solvent cleaning work bays, weighing stations or for pathology and cytology. With glass tops and sides and low profiles, they are well suited for labs or educational settings. Protector XVS Ventilation Stations may be ducted to the outside or connected to the FilterMate Portable Exhauster for HEPA and/or Carbon Filtered exhaust back into the laboratory.
- By-pass airflow design
- Deep interior of 23.4" easily accommodates a variety of apparatus including large balances
- Patented Clean-Sweep air foil
- Upper containment sash foil bleeds air into the enclosure to direct concentrations of contaminants away from the operator's breathing zone.
- Upper dilution air supply introduces room air at the top of the sash to dilute concentrations in the upper chamber and bathes the back of the sash with clean air
- Patented pivoting rear baffle with zones of perforations promotes horizontal laminar airflow to maximize containment
- Side-entry air foils
- Glacier white and gray, powder-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle. No unreliable plastic-to-plastic bonding is used
- Tempered safety glass front sash, sides and top offer excellent visibility, ambient light and protection
- Ergonomic 20° angled and hinged, pivoting sash with wiping seal.
- 8" high sash opening Models with 16.5" locking height and 19.0" maximum loading height.
- Two utility ports with iris openings and plastic plugs
- Particulate containment independently verified by SafeBridge Consultants, Inc.
- Modified ASHRAE 110 conformity as low as 50 fpm independently verified by ECT, Inc.
Extra Accessories Included:
- Guardian Airflow Monitors
Required Accessories (Not Included):
- Remote blower or FilterMate Portable Exhauster(s)
- Work surface
- Supporting base
- Air Usage/Static Pressure with Sash At Working Height:
- At 60 fpm, exhausts 110 CFM at .04" H2O static pressure.
- At 80 fpm, exhausts 145 CFM at .06" H2O static pressure.
- Blower Requirements: Remote blower required
- Conformance: ANSI Z9.5, Modified ASHRAE 110, SEFA 1
- Style: Benchtop
- Dimensions: 36.0" W x 22.75" H x 29.0" D (91.4 cm x 57.8 cm x 73.7 cm)
- Interior: 33.6" W x 22.3" H x 23.4" D (85.4 cm x 56.7 cm x 59.5 cm)
- Weight: 131 lbs (59 kg)