Designed for simultaneous heating and mixing of small samples, the Labnet VorTemp™ 56 features interchangeable platforms for microtubes and microplates. Both platforms are supplied with the unit. Temperature in the VorTemp™ 56 microplate shaking incubator is adjustable over a broad range, making the unit useful for a variety of applications, including bacterial cultures in tubes and microplates. Mechanical convection provides a uniform and stable environment within the chamber. The VorTemp™ 56 may also be used in the cold room for sub-ambient applications.
- Shake and incubate samples simultaneously
- Complete with platforms for microtubes and microplates
- Intelligent control
- Broad temperature and speed range
Shaking speed as well as acceleration rates are adjustable. Acceleration can be set to three different levels to protect delicate samples. A microprocessor controls all parameters including temperature and timed operation. Self diagnostic software continuously monitors the unit for proper temperature and shaking speed, alerting the user to any errors. Heating and shaking are controlled by feedback loops which precisely maintain chosen parameters, independent of load or voltage fluctuations. The sturdy construction of the VorTemp™ 56 gives it stability during high speed shaking. The chamber is insulated to maintain temperature and reduce operating noise.
- Temperature Range: Ambient +5° to 99°C
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Speed Range:200 - 1,200* rpm
- Motion/orbit: Circular/3 mm.
- Timer: 1- 99 min or continuous
- Capacity: 56 x 1.5/2.0 mL tubes; 4 standard or 2 deep well microplates
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 9 x 12.3 x 9 in/23 x 31 x 23 cm
- Weight: 24.2 lb/11 kg
- Electrical: 230V~, 50 Hz or 120V~, 60 Hz