The Luminex MAGPIX® Multiplex System is the simplest, most affordable, and most compact of Luminex’s xMAP® instruments. This compact multiplexing unit performs up to 50 different tests in a single reaction volume and reads a 96-well-plate in just 60 minutes. MAGPIX features self-cleaning routines and magnetic bead compatibility (with MagPlex® beads), making the instrument easy to learn and easy to use.
The MAGPIX system features an innovative design based on CCD imaging technology that allows for a more compact, robust system. It’s also easy to operate and maintain with streamlined start-up and shutdown protocols and minimal maintenance requirements. MAGPIX is supported by a broad menu of commercially available assay kits, as well as reagents to build your own assays.
- Multiplexing: Up to 50 analytes per sample
- Sensitivity: Approximately 106 copies of DNA or single-digit picogram levels of protein
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥3.5 logs
- Read Time: 96-well plate in ≤ 60 min (up to 4,800 tests/hour)
- Daily Start-Up/Shut-Down: ≤ 15 min
- Foot Print: three ft linear bench space
- Affordability: Benefit from an affordable multiplexing solution that costs up to 4X less than comparable ELISA assays.*
- Versatility: Transition to multiplexing at your own pace and exponentially grow py-5 your data.
- Flexibility: Achieve a wider array of goals with the ability to analyze both proteins and nucleic acids.
- Compact size: Reduce clutter with a compact instrument requiring less linear bench space.
- Efficiency: Measure up to 50 targets in a single reaction volume and dramatically reduce sample input.
- Assay support: Leverage a broad array of commercially available kits as well as reagents for user-developed assays.
- Multiplexing Capability: Up to 50 individual analytes
- Reagent Compatibility: MagPlex® magnetic microspheres
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥ 3.5 logs
- Microplate Type: 96-well plate
- Reading Speed: 96 wells ≤ 60 mins
- Sample Temperature Control: 35° – 60° C (95° – 131° F)Sample Volume Uptake: 20 – 200 μL
- Probe Piercing: Yes
- Auto Adjust-Probe Height: Yes
- Daily Start-Up: ≤ 15 minutes
- Detection: CCD Imager
- Reporter Channel Excitation: 511 nm
- Classification Channel Excitation: 621 nm
- Power: 110 – 120 VAC or 200 – 240 VAC and 50 – 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 6.5" W x 23.5" D x 17" H (16.5 x 60 x 43 cm)
- Weight: 38.5 lbs (17.5 kg)