The Malvern Instruments Mastersizer 2000 Particle Size Analyzer is one of the most flexible and user friendly particle sizing instruments available. The Mastersizer 2000 has a modular design with a wide range of automated sample dispersion units for measurement of both wet and dry samples. Features include: broad particle size range makes it suitable for a variety of applications; wide range of sample dispersion options for emulsions, suspensions and dry powders; full automated simple SOP operation; and full validation documentation available.
- Principle: Laser light scattering
- Analysis: Mie and Fraunhofer scattering
- Data acquisition rate: 1 kHz
- Dimensions (W, D, H): 1293mm x 255mm x 375mm
- Weight: 31 kg
- Power: 100/240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Red light source: Max. 4mW He-Ne, 632.8nm
- Blue light source: Max. 0.3mW LED, 470nm
- Lens arrangement: Reverse Fourier (convergent beam)
- Particle size: 0.02 - 2000 µm *
- Accuracy: Better than 1% (polydisperse standard) **
- Reproducibility: Better than 1% variation (polydisperse standard)
*: Sample and sample preparation dependent.
**: Accuracy defined for the recovery of the mean size of a narrow log-normal distribution. Sample and sample preparation dependant.