The Milestone Ethos X Advanced Microwave Extraction System represents the state of the art in closed vessel microwave-assisted extraction. Unmatched design quality and technology has resulted in the safest, most versatile, and highest performing system available. Superior vessel design, combined with more precise temperature control and the most powerful software delivers better extraction results than any other closed vessel system - whatever the sample type.
The Ethos X is controlled via a compact terminal with an easy-to-read, bright, full-color, touchscreen display. The terminal runs user-friendly, icon-driven, multi-language software to provide easy control of the microwave run. Simply recall a previously stored method or create a new one, press ‘START’ and the system will automatically follow the user defined temperature utilising a sophisticated PID algorithm. Several applications, including all US EPA and ASTM methods available, are preloaded in the ETHOS X terminal. The software automatically regulates the microwave power according to the number of samples or weights being extracted.
- Speed -Microwave extractions can be completed within minutes—a fraction of the time, compared to older methods.
- Economy -Lower solvent usage reduces the costs of solvent purchase and disposal.
- Effectiveness -Microwave extraction produces higher analyte recoveries than older methods.
- Simplicity - Use polar or non-polar solvents; no need to modify your existing chemistry.
- Consistency - Precise, software-based control of all reaction parameters (including time and extraction temperature) ensures method reproducibility.
- 'Vent-and-reseal' vessels are the foundation of Milestone’s microwave technology. Continuously enhanced, this patented technology provides analysts with unsurpassed performance capabilities.
- Highest temperature and pressure
- Fast air cooling
- Chassis protected against corrosive media with polymer coating.
- Self-resealing pressure responsive door with multiple independent safety interlocks to prevent microwave emission in case of improper closure or misalignment.
- Built-in exhaust system, located backside of the cavity and separated from electronics to prevent corrosion.
- Microwave emission with dual magnetron system with rotating diffuser for homogeneous microwave distribution in the cavity.
- Two 950 Watt rated magnetrons, for a total of 1900 Watts.
- Exclusive magnetron protection from reflected microwave power.
- Continuous and PID-controlled microwave emission at all power levels.
- Built-in contactless infrared temperature control.
- Icon-driven multi-language (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish) operating software allowing the user to edit, save and run a virtually unlimited number of methods.
|Capacity||2.49 cu. ft. (70.5 L)|
|Inlet/Outlet Ports||Upper flange 36 mm ID, lower flange19 mm ID, plus additional ports on the side walls|
|Control terminal||Touch screen |
|Display||4.3" TFT display; 480 x 272 VGA resolution with 16M colors|
|Material, Microwave Cavity||18/8 stainless steel housing|
|Dimensions||25.2" W x 21.26" D x 27.17" H (64 x 54 x 69 cm)|
|Dimensions, Interior||15.75" W x 16.93" D x 16.14" H (40 x 43 x 41 cm)|
|Power||220-240V, 50/60Hz, 3.5 kW, 3500VA|
|Weight||185.19 lbs. (84 kg)|