The Molecular Devices AquaMax Microplate Washer is a fully self-contained system, configurable for both 96- and 384-well microplates. Use preconfigured wash, soak, and aspiration protocols or create your own multi-step protocol using the simple touchscreen interface. For biochemical assays, the washer removes unbound material and unreacted reagents. For cell-based assays, the washer has the option for 96- or 384-well cell wash heads with angled pins to allow extremely gentle washing of weakly adherent cell types.
AquaMax Washers have several important maintenance features, since the lack of proper washer maintenance is the number one cause of washer failure. Using the One-Touch AutoClean allows the user to completely clean out the entire fluid path. Auto Shutdown leaves the system empty and dry after a user defined interval, preventing the buildup of contaminants.
No recalibration is necessary and all heads are recognized by the AquaMax Washer base. By changing heads, users can effectively have 4 plate washers in the space of 1. The AquaMax has an internal vacuum pump saving even more space on the benchtop and automatically preventing contamination.
For biochemical assays, the washers are primarily used to remove unbound material and unreacted reagents in microplate wells, and are compatible with SBS-conforming polystyrene and polypropylene flat, round, and V-bottom microplates. For cell-based assays, the AquaMax microplate washer has the option for 96 or 384 well cell wash heads with angled pins to allow extremely gentle washing of weakly adherent cell types.
AquaMax washers do not require external pumps or a computer to operate, thereby minimizing bench space requirements. The 96 and 384 interchangeable wash heads can be installed in seconds, without tools, calibration or alignment. Aspiration and dispensing of all 96 and 384 wells occurs simultaneously leading to high-precision assays and faster microplate processing without mechanical plate indexing or quadrant processing.
Comprehensive cleaning protocols can be activated at the touch of a button to maintain trouble-free operation. A Standby feature keeps the system primed and probe tips submersed in buffer for instant startup.
By using interchangeable 96 and 384 wash heads on a single instrument, the AquaMax washers configure easily to meet current and future, higher-density microplate application requirements. Two fluid inlets with matching color-coded tubing facilitate quick assembly of the buffer and solution bottles and allow multiple wash protocols to be run without switching bottles
- Interchangeable 96- and 384-well wash heads
- 96- and 384-well Cell Wash Head options
- Simultaneous well washing without plate indexing or quadrant processing
- Completely programmable via touch screen interface
- No external pumps or computer
- Comprehensive, automated cleaning utilities
- Robotics-friendly desig: -Compatible with the StakMax Microplate Handling System, and many
- third-party robotic microplate handling systems
Performance specifications (plate wash heads)
- FastWash times (optimized for speed): 96 Wash Head 300 µL/well, three cycles: 14 sec. 384
- Wash Head, 100 µL/well, three cycles: 16 sec.
- Precision (96-well): < 4% CV @ 300 µL
- Precision (384-well): ≤ 3% CV @ 100 µL
- Washing times 96 wash head, 300 µL/well: Single cycle: 11 sec.Three cycles: 26 sec.
- Washing times 384 wash head, 100 µL/well: Single cycle: 12 sec. Three cycles: 28 sec.
- Dispense volume: 10–400 µL per well
- Process time with integrated, optional StakMax Microplate Stacker (Fast Wash, 96 Wash Head,
- 300 µL/well, three cycles): < 13 min. for 20 plates
- Wash volume: 100–3000 µL
- Residual volume, 96: ≤ 5 µL
- Residual volume, 384: ≤ 2 µL
- Dimensions: 8.3" H x 18.5" W x 20.5" D (21 x 47 × 52 cm)
- Weight: 40.8 lbs (18.5 kg)