The Molecular Devices SpectraMAX Gemini EM Fluorescence Microplate Reader is designed for the top and bottom reading of microplates over a greater range of fluorescence intensities—without the need of filters.
This Microplate Reader can read 6 to 384-well microplates. Designed with dual monochromators for variable wavelength selection (250 nm and 850 nm) eliminating the need for searching out the right pair of excitation & emission filters & wavelength scanning across a range of wavelengths (increments as small as 1 nm can be used) to optimize assay parameters. Up to 4 wavelength pairs can be read for endpoint and kinetic measurements. The SpectraMAX Gemini EM Fluorescence Microplate Reader provides well scanning to report a fluorescent measurement from a single point in the center of a microplate well to multiple points across a tissue culture well.
The patented AutoPMT Optimization System found on this reader adjusts the fluorescence detector to each sample well's concentration and normalizes the raw data, thus extending the dynamic range of assays so that low & high signals can be captured from the same plate. The reader allows you to be confident in comparing relative fluorescence units (RFUs) of individual samples across plates and readers.
- Dimensions: 22.8" W x 15" D x 8.6" H (58 x 38 x 22 cm)
- Weight: 35 lbs. (16 kg)
- Power source: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Wavelength Range - Excitation: 250-850 nm
- Wavelength Range - Emission: 360-850 nm
- Wavelength Selection: Monochromator, tunable 1.0 nm increments
- Wavelength Bandwidth (Excitation and Emission): 9 nm
- Wavelength Accuracy: < ± 2.0 nm
- Top Read Sensitivity: 3.0 fmol/well FITC 200 µl in 96 wells
- Bottom Read Sensitivity: 8.0 fmol/well FITC 200 µl in 96 wells
- Light Source: Xenon flash lamp
- Microplate Read Time:
- Normal Mode
- 96 wells. . . . 15 seconds
- 384 wells. . . . 45 seconds
- Dynamic Range: 6 orders of magnitude
- Temperature Range: Ambient + 4 °C up to 45 °C
- Temperature Uniformity (Microplate): ± 1 °C @ 37 °C