The Packard C991200 TopCount NXT Microplate Scintillation and Luminescence Counter is capable of counting a variety of beta and gamma labeled samples using either liquid or solid scintillators. The time-resolved scintillation counting technique using single PMTs may also be optimized to provide either maximum counting efficiency or maximum sensitivity (maximized efficiency/background). The external plate stacker allows more than 15,000 samples to be loaded for the highest unattended counting capacity, or you can integrate your TopCount NXT into a robotic system for unlimited high throughput. Being Windows 2000-based, TopCount NXT is easily networked to provide error-free, automatic data transmission. Best of all, you'll never lose data due to printer or network failures, because the built-in Hologram database automatically stores the data for every sample you count. Uncompromised Performance from Crosstalk-Free Microplate Counting
- Automatic microplate stacker accepts twenty plate and forty plate stacker cassettes. Twenty plate stacker cassettes accept twenty 384-well microplates, twenty 96-well microplates, or fifteen 24-well microplates. The forty plate stacker cassettes accept forty 384-well microplates, forty 96-well microplates, or thirty 24-well microplates. The stacker provides fully automatic loading, counting, unloading, and repeat cycle counting of sample plate batches. Microplates may be intermixed in the twenty or forty plate stacker cassettes in the VariPlate format TopCount NXT system configuration. 24-well microplates cannot be counted in the TopCount NXT HTS system. The external stacker cassettes permit loading and unloading of plates without interrupting sample counting. Two twenty plate or two forty plate stacker cassettes are required to complete a TopCount NXT system.
- Patented TR-LSC® triple-mode counting technology ensures optimum sensitivity for luminescence, liquid or solid scintillation counting. TopCount NXT is the only microplate counter available that can analyze luminescence samples with single photon counting, and liquid and solid scintillation samples with single PMT, time-resolved coincidence counting.
- Optical crosstalk is prevented in 24-well and 96-well opaque microplates by the use of reflective optics and patented single photomultiplier tube technology. This technology allows the use of opaque plates which prevent light transmission between wells. The small amount of well-to-well crosstalk in the 384-well microplate, which is caused by the extremely thin well walls, is corrected by proprietary crosstalk correction software.
- Isothermal counting chamber maintains constant counting temperature for all assays. This eliminates electronic drift and assures reproducible counting conditions for even the most temperature sensitive luminescence reactions. User selectable from 19 to 35 oC. Temperature is constantly monitored with easily accessed digital temperature display.
- Unison™ per assay, detector normalization establishes optimum detector normalization (uniformity) for each assay regardless of signal type (solid or liquid scintillation, or luminescence), plate type or assay medium.
- DPM calculations via tSIS, or optional tSIE (external standard), gives both single label and dual label DPM, quench curve storage, on-screen quench curve editing, and quench curve printing.
- Built-in, IBM-compatible, 350 MHz Pentium II computer with a minimum of 64MB of RAM (128 MB in models 384V and 9912), one 3.5 inch 1.44 MB floppy drive, 4.3 GB hard drive, CDROM drive, RS-232 input/output port, parallel printer port, Windows NT operating system, enhanced function keyboard in a pull-out drawer, SVGA color CRT monitor and mouse.
- Windows NT with true 32 bit multi-tasking capability allows microplate counting to run simultaneously with other Windows, or DOS-based applications.
- Hologram ODBC built-in database provides automatic storage of all sample counts. This protects data against printer and network failures, and provides user-selectable data recall by plate I.D., assay number or date for printing and ASCII file transmission.
- Two simultaneous counting regions with factory preset and operator adjustable counting regions. Provides single and dual label counts, CPM results, and single label DPM using the tSIS quench parameter.
- Counts 3H, 125I, 14C, 35S, 45Ca, 51Cr, 33P and 32P, as well as other commonly used beta and gamma nuclides.
- Comes with a refrigerated cart Model 7401279, manuals, software, stackers, keyboard and mouse.