The Perkin Elmer TopCount NXT HTS Microplate Scintillation and Luminescence Counter delivers high efficiency, low background counting of beta, gamma, and glow luminescence samples in 24-, 96- and 384-well microplates and microvials.
The TopCount’s performance is a result of its unique counting technology. A patented single photomultiplier tube (PMT) time resolved counting method results in virtually crosstalk-free counting when used with
opaque plates. High sensitivity is attained by using TR-LSC technology, a method that discriminates between background and true counts by analyzing the decay period of each scintillation event. The results are high signal-to-noise ratios, superior sensitivity, and linearity over a wide dynamic range.
TopCount’s fast photon counting and temperature controls make it an ideal counter for luminescence assays. Its unique circuitry enables counting of more photons per second than even most dedicated microplate
luminescence detection systems. Plus its small PMTs have very low intrinsic backgrounds. The result is high signal and low background in applications sometimes difficult to measure optimally with other counters, especially very small, low count rate samples.
Load TopCount’s external stackers with up to 40 microplates and it will count them completely unattended. For luminescent samples, throughput can be more than 50,000 samples/day. You can load new plates and unload counted plates without interrupting the counting process.
Features and Benefits:
• Very low scintillation and luminescence backgrounds.
• Excellent counting efficiency in opaque microplates.
• Ideal for scintillating plates, such as FlashPlate® microplates.
• Compatible with filterplates and filtermats.
• Temperature-controlled counting chamber ensures reproducible counting environments, so sensitivity remains constant from day-to-day, assay-to-assay.
• Single and dual label CPM and single label DPM count modes.
• External standardization (24-well format) for increased counting accuracy with low count rate single label samples and dual label DPM measurements.
• Accepts 24/96-, 96- or 96/384-well microplates and microvials, depending on model.
• Reads up to 12 samples at a time for maximum throughput.
• Choice of 2, 4, 6 or 12 detector models.
• External removable stackers for 20 or 40 microplates.
• Easy to integrate into robotic systems.
• Built-in barcode reader for positive plate identification.