The Perkin Elmer FlexDrop EX Precision Reagent Dispenser with FlexDrop Fluid Recovery Unit the premier system designed for precision dispensing of reagents, buffers, solvents and cells for high throughput assay preparation and compound storage. Intended for use in pharmaceutical, biotech, and research applications, FlexDrop PLUS systems perform noncontact dispensing into 96-, 384-, and 1536-well shallow and deepwell microplates. This small footprint instrument easily fits into a laboratory biosafety or fume hood to ensure sterile containment and safe dispensing of liquids.
Fluid Recovery Unit: FlexDrop PLUS option recaptures fluid path liquid to recover precious reagents, maintains suspension and reagent temperature.
- Modular dispense banks: Valve banks and manifolds can be easily removed/exchanged by user to enable "personal" fluid path components and simplify system serviceability.
- Fluid Recovery Unit: FlexDrop PLUS option recaptures fluid path liquid to recover precious reagents, maintains suspension and reagent temperature.
- Extended Capacity: FlexDrop III EX and EXi and FlexDrop IV EX and EXi models include an integrated stacking mechanism holding two stacker cassettes for automated processing of up to 50 standard height
microplates. FlexDrop EXi models include a diving board extension to provide external integration capabilities.
- Choice of models to meet reagent delivery requirements: FlexDrop III models offer two dispense manifolds, each with eight individual precision solenoid valves, for up to two reagents. FlexDrop IV models
offer four dispense manifolds for up to four reagents. Rapid reagent dispensing is achieved through 16 dispensers on the FlexDrop III systems and through 32 dispensers on the FlexDrop IV systems.
- Graphical user interface: Provides easy-to-use menudriven control software that guides the user through method development. Standard methods are created by performing three basic steps: create/select the reagent, create/select the microplate, associate the reagent and plate to the method.
- FlexPREP software: Enables the use of an external PC. Enhances system flexibility by providing control of dispensing parameters such as prime volume, predispense volume, and dispense speed. Also allows
individual valve control.
- Method library: Up to 99 common dispense protocols may be created and stored in the system's permanent memory. Each individual protocol or "method" combines dispense steps, microplate stacking, and
microplate lidding/delidding with labware and reagent definitions.
- Reagent library: A unique reagent description and viscosity offset can be defined for each reagent used. Up to 99 reagent descriptions may be entered and stored.
- Plate library: Up to 20 discrete plate definitions may be entered and stored.
- RS-232 interface: Enables integration with PerkinElmer's JANUS® Automated Workstation and other robots and peripheral devices.
|Dimensions||35" W x 21.75" D x 15" (88.9 x 55.12 x 38.1 cm)|
|Height With Stacker Cassettes||35.5" (90.17 cm)|
|Weight||70 lb (31.8 kg)|
|Power||110, 220, 240 Vac ±10%; 50/60 Hz; 350 VA|
|Operating Ambient Temperature||: 60-95 °F (15-35 °C)|
|Operating Relative Humidity||: 20% to 80% at 85 °F (30 °C) Non-condensing|