The Roche Applied Science LightCycler 1536 System is a rapid high-throughput, plate-based real-time PCR amplification and detection instrument.
The LightCycler 1536 optical unit facilitates mono- and dual-color assays using a variety of dyes, by supporting formats including Universal ProbeLibrary (UPL) probes, hydrolysis probes, and intercalating dyes. The unique thermal block cycler design enables very high well-to-well homogeneity and inter-assay reproducibility.
The LightCycler 1536 Software supports the next generation of real-time PCR results, providing novel threshold functions for data refinement and powerful tools for data sorting and reviewing. Since this system is designed for automated high-throughput laboratory workflows, the instrument’s software allows easy data management for network and LIMS environments. In combination with Roche RealTime ready reagents, the system also features a new surveillance concept that checks for pipetting errors.
- Utilize the first plate-based real-time PCR instrument that generates 1,536 data points in a single PCR run in less than 50 minutes.
- Obtain high-performance data comparable to legacy data until now only generated with 96- and 384-formats, using this low-volume 1536-well format (0.5 to 2.0 µl).
- Reduce sample input volume, and cut your cost per data point by at least 50%.
- Obtain fourfold higher throughput per plate and reduce inter-assay errors.
- Maximize PCR layout flexibility using a customizable plate-based format.
- Obtain reliable real-time PCR data with the LightCycler® 1536 Software, streamlined for high-throughput needs.
- Take advantage of a streamlined system designed for automation and high-throughput workflows.
- Improve data robustness with a built-in error-checking system that detects pipetting errors.
The LightCycler 1536 System shows outstanding performance in terms of:
- Sensitivity and reproducibility
- Precision and linear range
- High-throughput profiling
- Long-term stability
Use the LightCycler 1536 System to perform:
- High-throughput gene detection
- High-throughput gene expression
- Genetic variation analysis
- Cooling Rate: 2.5°C/sec
- Temperature Range: +37 to +95°C
- Weight: 121 lbs. (55.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 22.6" H x 23.1" W x 19.6" D (57.4 x 58.8 x 49.7 cm)