The Roche LightCycler 480 II Real-Time PCR System is a high-performance, medium- to high-throughput PCR platform which is designed for use in an assortment of applications including gene detection, gene expression analysis, genetic variation analysis, and array data validation. This unit features a plate-based real-time PCR device supporting mono- or multi-color applications and multiplex protocols.
The benchtop instrument is easily customizable to meet changing user requirements, and can be integrated into everyday use as a robotically controlled, automated high-throughput solution. The LightCycler® 480 Instrument is designed for general laboratory use and is not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Obtain fast, highly sensitive, and reproducible results for qualitative and quantitative detection of nucleic acids, mutation scanning, and SNP analysis. Use basic and advanced methods for gene expression and genotyping based on endpoint analysis or melting curves.
- Benefit from cutting-edge thermal block and optical technology that leads to excellent well-to-well homogeneity and maximized detection sensitivity.Use a wide range of probe formats (e.g., FRET or HybProbe probes, SimpleProbe probes, hydrolysis probes) and fluorescent dyes (e.g., SYBR Green I, ResoLight Dye, FAM, HEX, Cy5, LightCycler® Red 610, LightCycler® Red 640, and LightCycler® CYAN 500).
- Choose the optimal type of multiwell plate (white or clear) to best fit your assay format, application, and workflow. Use the available adapter plate to also work with LightCycler® tube strips.
- Build a modular real-time PCR platform to meet your particular needs. Flexibly switch between plate formats and thermal block cyclers in just a few minutes with no recalibration time, and benefit from additional user-friendly software modules.
- Extract meaningful results via the state-of-the-art data analysis methods, in line with MIQE guidelines. Analyze true raw data without the need for passive reference dyes or normalization plates.
- Protect your data using a system compatible with 21 CFR part 11 requirements.Integrate the LightCycler® 480 System as part of a LIMS in combination with robotic pipetting and plate loading.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 24 in x 24 in x 21.5 in (60 cm x 60 cm x 54.5 cm)
- Weight: 121 lbs (55kg)
- Sample Number: 96/384
- Excitation Source: Broad-spectrum, high-intensity LED (390 – 710 nm)
- Excitation Filters: 440, 465, 498, 533, 618 nm (System II)
- Detection: CCD camera
- Detection Filters: 488, 510, 580, 610,640, 660 nm (System II)
- Measuring Mode: Real-time, online (continuous display of readings)
- Temperature Control: Peltier-based heating/cooling
- Run Time: <40 minutes (384-well PCR plate)