The Shimadzu SPD-10A UV/Vis Detector is routinely used in analytical chemistry for the quantitative determination of different analytes, such as transition metal ions, highly conjugated, organic compounds, and biological macromolecules. Commonly carried out in solutions but solids and gases may also be studied. The wavelength scanning function performs wavelength scanning with flow stopped. Data stored in three files, one of which stores background. Background is subtracted from sample scans. However, file data cannot be saved once the instrument is switched off.
- Light source: Deuterium lamp.
- Wavelength range: 190 ~ 600 nm.
- Spectral bandwidth: 8 nm.
- Wavelength accuracy: +/- 1 nm.
- Wavelength reproducibility: +/- 0.1 nm.
- Cell volume: 8uL
- Cell pressure tolerance: 12MPa.
- Measuring wavelength: Aritrary two wavelengths in 190-370 nm or 371-600 nm.
- Sampling period: 1.2 sec for one wavelength.
- Response: Selectable in 9 steps corresponding to time constant .05, .1, .5, 1, 1.5, 3, 6, 8, 10 seconds.
- Range: Can be set between 0.0001 and 2.56 AUFS in 0.0001 AUFS steps.