The Sorvall RC-5C Refrigerated Superspeed Centrifuge offers simplicity of operation and durability for intensive use. User-friendly controls make set-up simple even for inexperienced users, speeding up parameter setting and reducing errors.
Features' the industry's widest rotor range spanning fixed angle, swinging bucket, vertical, microtube, zonal, and continuous flow types.
Other benefits include reliable, dependable operation and the durable, high capacity refrigeration system maintains precise operating temperatures without the need for a vacuum. Direct drive motors, with no belts or gears, reduce maintenance and system noise; and the patented gyro system protects the drive from damage should rotor imbalance occur.
- Max Speed: 21-000 rpm
- Max Force: 51070 G
- Max Rotor Capacity: 3 liters
- Drive System High torque direct-drive DC motor: 1.86 kW (2.5 hp)
- Braking System: Dynamic electric brake
- Refrigeration System: Heavy duty sealed compressor 1.49kW (2 hp)
- Temperature Set Range: -20°C to +40°C
- Temperature Control Range: +2°C to +37°C at maximum rotor speed
- Temperature Control Accuracy: +/- 1°C of set temperature (after stabilization)
- Speed Control Range: +/- 100 rpm
- Timer: Synchronous motor driven: 0-120 minutes in 1-minute increments-HOLD provision
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 30" W x 39" D x 45" H (76 x 99 x 114 cm)
- Weight: 780 lbs (354 kg)