The KrosFlo Research IIi Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) System is the ideal system for small-scale process or R&D studies for microfiltration and ultrafiltration applications.
The system consists of the KrosFlo Research IIi Pump and Pump Head, with an integrated KrosFlo Digital Pressure Monitor, and a disposable flow path, all of which have features that ensure efficient and reproducible TFF processes.
The Pump Drive used in conjunction with the KrosFlo Research IIi Pump Head provides flow rates from 0.01 to 2300 ml/min. The system has both audible and visual low and high pressure alarms for the inlet and permeate, and a high pressure pump shut-off that help maintain membrane integrity and achieve high product recovery.
The KrosFlo Research IIi TFF system comes standard with KF Comm, a software program that automatically downloads and graphs the run data including inlet, retentate and transmembrane pressures and flow rates.
Used in conjunction with HF membrane modules, the KrosFlo Research IIi TFF System offers the following advantages:
- Faster process times
- Superior filtration dynamics
- Module disposability
- Lower costs
- Direct and easy scale-up for production volumes
The KrosFlo Automatic Backpressure Valve controls the transmembrane pressure (TMP) or permeate back pressure during tangential flow filtration processes without touching the fluid stream. This makes it ideal for automated process control of single-use TFF processing.
This automatic, self-regulating pressure control valve features programming that controls the pressure through a feedback loop. It is designed specifically for use with single-use, disposable flowpaths. It can control pressures with processing volumes from 1000L to 1ml.
The automatic backpressure valve reduces the chance of membrane fouling and pressure spikes and decreases tangential flow filtration processing time. It is ideal for ultrafiltration and microfiltration applications.
- Speed: 0.1 to 600 rpm
- Torque output, Maximum: 180 oz-in (13 kg cm) 540 oz-in Starting
- Speed regulation: Line ±0.1% F.S.; Load ±0.1% F.S.; Drift ±0.1% F.S.
- Display: 128 x 64 LCD w/ LED Backlight
- Pressure Sensor Limits: -5.0 to 45.0 psi
- Supply voltage limits: 90 to 260 Vrms @ 50/60 Hz (Universal Input)
- Current, max.: 2.2A @ 115 Vrms, or 1.1A @ 230 Vrms
- Dimensions (L × W × H): 10.5 in × 8 in × 8 in(267 × 203 × 203 mm)Weight: 13 lb (5.9 kg)Enclosure Rating: IP 33 per IEC 60529
- Temperature, Operating: 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Temperature, Storage: –25° to 65°C (–13° to 149°F)
- Humidity (non-condensing): 10% to 90%
- Altitude: Less than 2000 m-Pollution Degree Pollution Degree 2 (Indoor use - lab, office)
- Chemical Resistance: Exposed material is aluminum, ABS plastic and vinyl
KrosFlo Research IIi TFF Model: ACPC-F17-01N
Automatic Backpressure Valve Model: Model 708-12202-000