Breakthrough technologies make the TA Instruments AR-G2 Magnetic Bearing Rheometer the world's most advanced controlled stress, direct strain and controlled rate rheometer. With a revolutionary patent pending magnetic levitation thrust bearing and new-patented drag cup motor technology, unprecedented nano-torque control is now possible, adding a new dimension to rheological characterization. New patent pending Smart Swap™ Geometries and Real-Time Streaming Video and Image Capture features take ease-of-use to a new level. The AR-G2 represents a whole new approach to rheometer technology.
The AR-G2 is a combined motor and transducer (CMT) instrument. This design has traditionally been used for rheometers like the AR-G2 that operate in controlled stress in their native mode. The lower component of the measuring system is fixed, the upper component is attached to a shaft, that can rotated by a torque produced by an induction motor. The constraint on the low torque performance of such an instrument is the friction between the rotating and the stationary components. An induction motor is therefore used not only because the rapidity and stability of its response, but more specifically to minimize the friction.
Environmental Test Chamber (ETC)
The Environmental Test Chamber (ETC) design uses a controlled convection/radiant-heating concept. It is typically used for polymer applications and can be used with parallel plate, cone and plate, disposable plate, and rectangular torsion clamps for solids. The ETC has a temperature range of –160 to 600°C with heating rates up to 60°C/min on the AR-G2 and 20 °C/min on the AR 2000. The ETC can be connected directly to a bulk liquid nitrogen source for subambient temperature control.
The AR-G2 ETC features our new ETC camera viewer with remote illumination and focusing. It features an innovative air-cooled compact design, which allows the camera to be used over the entire temperature range of the ETC. Used in conjunction with the new streaming video and image capture software, real-time images can be displayed in the software and an image is stored with each data point for subsequent viewing. For unattended operation, the ETC camera viewer is another tool for validation of data.
Includes ETC Camera Interface Assembly and Rheometer Control Unit.
- Minimum Torque Oscillation CR: 0.003 μN.m
- Minimum Torque Oscillation CS: 0.003 μN.m
- Minimum Torque Steady CR: 0.01 μN.m
- Minimum Torque Steady CS: 0.01 μN.m
- Maximum Torque: 200 mN.m
- Torque Resolution: 0.1 nN.m
- Motor Inertia: 18 μN.m.s
- Angular Velocity Range CS: 0 to 300 rad/s
- Angular Velocity Range CR: 1.4E-9 to 300 rad/s
- Frequency Range: 7.5E-7 to 628 rad/s
- Displacement Resolution: 25 nrad
- Step Change in Velocity: 7 ms
- Step Change in Strain: 30 ms
- Direct Strain Control: Standard
- Thrust Bearing: Magnetic
- Normal/Axial Force Range: 0.005 to 50 N
- Smart Swap™: Standard
- Smart Swap Geometry: Standard
- Peltier Plate: -40 to 200 °C
- Environmental Test Chamber (ETC): -160 to 600 °C
- Concentric Cylinder: -20 to 150 °C Peltier Control
- Upper Heated Plate: -30 to 150 °C
- Electrically Heated Plate (EHP): -70 to 400 °C
Rheometer control Unit Power Specifications: 110-230Vac / 50-60Hz / 1 4kW