The Tecan Freedom EVO 75 Liquid Handling System is a compact liquid handling system for low to medium throughput applications. The smallest of a family of four, it shares with the larger Freedom EVO workstations the same high modularity, excellent liquid handling performance and reliability that you have come to expect from a leader in laboratory automation.
Unlike many robots in this class, the Freedom EVO 75 uses not only disposable tips but it also offers the option to pipette with multi-use washable tips. This option allows for significant laboratory savings on the recurring costs of disposable tips.
The robotic manipulator arm increases the functionality of the workstation by moving microplates and disposable tip racks to and from other modules such as hotels, vacuum or magnetic bead
separation modules and shakers. It can also load microplates into the included Columbus Pro Microplate Washer and Tecan Sunrise Microplate Reader, enabling fully automated plate processing.
In all aspects of modern laboratory procedures whether genomics, proteomics, cellular biology or analytical biochemistry, the Freedom EVO 75 has the capability and capacity to work for you and evolve with you. The many versatile uses of the Freedom EVO 75 include DNA extraction, PCR setup, sample dilution, normalization and assay development.
A Freedom EVO 75 workstation with the Columbus Pro Washer and Sunrise Plate Reader on a side worktable extension becomes a fully automated plate processor. The application output is increased and the space usage is maximized by adding up to two optional hotels, for plate or tip storage, or incubators, in the rear of the worktable.
- State of the art compact and cost effective workstation
- Excellent liquid handling performance with high reproducibility
- Tip flexibility: choice of disposable tips or cost saving washable multi-use tips
- Scalability and upgradeability ensuring investment protection and maximum resource usage
The Freedom EVO is an open automation platform product for general laboratory use. It is intended for routine laboratory tasks such as general purpose pipetting and general purpose liquid handling
and robotic processes.
The Tecan Columbus Pro Microplate Washer is a fully automated, advanced solution for strip-wise processing of microplates.
Crosswise aspiration using multiple aspiration points per well actively minimizes residual volume to less than 2 µl per well.
Overflow washing creates a circular flow of liquid in each well providing high wash efficiency without compromising throughput. It replaces tedious sequences of repeated aspiration- and dispense-steps.
The Tecan Sunrise Basic Microplate Reader offers all the functionality needed for numerous photometric applications, including advanced 12-channel optics for fast, multichannel absorbance reading of ELISAs, a temperature control function for enzyme kinetic assays, and a tunable wavelength function for wavelength scanning.
The Sunrise absorbance reader, complemented by Tecan’s Magellan™ universal reader control and data analysis software add-on, is an ideal solution for a range of applications, such as ELISAs, enzyme kinetics, cell viability studies, veterinary assays and many more. It supports a broad wavelength range – from 340 to 750 nm – and can measure an entire 96-well plate in less than six seconds, ensuring it is ready to meet the needs of routine diagnostic and research labs.
Freedom EVO 75 Specifications:
- Arm configuration: One liquid handling arm, optional robotic manipulator arm
- Tip configuration: 1 or 2 tips
- Tip variety: Washable (Teflon™-coated stainless steel), hard Teflon™ coating with full DMSO compatibility, short /long low volume, tips for access to 384 well microplates and disposable tips with or without filters (10/200/1000 μl)
- Tip movement: The tips in the 2-tip configuration have independent Z-movement and 18-mm-spacing in the Y direction.
- Positioning precision (repeatability): X-axis ± 0.15 mm, Y-axis ± 0.15 mm, Z-axis ± 0.3 mm
- Robotic finger gripper range: 58-140 mm
- Fast Wash pump: Ultra fast delivery of wash solution by diaphragm pump.
Liquid handling features:
- Diluter Cavro XP Smart diluter. (One or two diluters. One for each liquid-handling channel)
- Syringe sizes 50/250/500/1000/2500/5000 μl
- Liquid level detection: Down to 50 μl of conductive liquid detectable in a round bottom 96-well microplate on standard carriers
- Low Disposable tip eject: Ejection of tips in contained environment to prevent aerosol distribution; also used for tip re-racking
- Safety screens: User activated interlocked screens prevent non-intentional access to work area
- Dimensions: W. 88.1 cm (34.7") x D. 69.6 cm (27.4") x H. 75.9 cm (29.9")
- Weight: 84 kg (165 lbs)
- Power: 570 VA, Voltage 100 – 240 VAC
- Frequency: 50/60 HZ
- Operating conditions Temperature 15 – 32 °C/59 – 90 °F, Relative humidity 30 – 80% (non condensing ) at 30 °C/86 °F or below
- Manifolds: 8, 12, 16 channels
- Number of wash-liquid channels: Up to 4
- Aspiration speed: software adjustable
- Volume of wash-liquid dispensed: 50 – 3000 µl in 50 µl increments for washing; 50 – 400 µl in 50 µl increments for dispensing
- Dispensing accuracy: CV m 4% over the plate
- Residual volume per well: m 2 µl
- Dispensing speed: Software adjustable
- Power: Autosensing, 100 – 120 V/200 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Consumption: < 65 VA
- Dimensions: 11.2" W x 15.6" D x 8.7" H (28.5 x 39.5 x 22.0 cm)
- Weight: 18.1 lb (8.2 kg)
- Optical system: 12 measurement channels, 1 reference channel
- Filters: Up to 6
- Wavelength range: 340 to 750 nm
- Bandwidth @ 50 % transmission: 10 +/– 2 nm
- Kinetic repeat time: 5 seconds
- Interface: RS-232C (remote control)/parallel
- Shaking: Linear shaking in 4 different modes
- Physical data: 11.22" W x 13.38" D x 5.7" H (28.5 x 34 x 14.5 cm)
- Weight (approx.): 13.66 lbs. (6.2 kg)