The Varian Cary 50 Conc UV-Vis Spectrophotometer makes it possible for all users to experience the power of a Cary system. The innovative design of the Cary 50, which incorporates a Xenon flash lamp, enables it to offer many advantages over traditional UV-Vis spectrophotometers.
- The maximum scan rate is 24,000 nm per minute. That means you can scan the whole wavelength range of 190-1100 nm in less than 3 seconds.
- With a data collection rate of an impressive 80 points per second you'll have all the information you need about your kinetics assay.
- The Cary 50 can measure samples up to 3 Abs so you won't have to dilute as often.
- The Xenon lamp flashes only when acquiring a data point, unlike a diode array which exposes the sample to the whole wavelength range with each reading, causing degradation of photosensitive samples.
- As the Xenon lamp is very intense, the Cary 50 can use a beam splitter without the loss in energy causing excessive photometric noise. The beam splitter allows simultaneous reference beam correction, so peaks will not shift as the scan speed changes.
- The Cary 50's super-concentrated beam makes it ideal for fibre optic work.
- The light beam is narrow and very intense, so even if you are using microcells you will still get excellent noise performance.
- The Cary 50 is unaffected by room light. You can operate with the sample compartment open or closed, you won't notice the difference.
- Weight: 46 lb (21 kg)
- Dimensions: 23" W x 20" D x 8" H (59 x 50 x 20 cm)