The Waters 2487 Dual λ Absorbance Detector is a two-channel, tunable, ultraviolet/visible (UV/Vis) detector designed for high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) applications. It can operate either as a stand-alone unit (with a chart recorder or integrator) or as an integral part of a Waters chromatography system.
The 2487 consists of 16 programmable timed events, stores up to 10 user defined programs, monitors absorbance at one of the two discrete wavelengths, ensures wavelength accuracy and much more.
The Waters 2487 Dual Absorbance Detector operates from 190 to 700 nm. The 2487 Detector uses newly designed optics with an enhanced illumination system for improved performance. These design features increase the optical throughput and sensitivity, and reduce bandwidth. This results in an overall increase in signal-to-noise ratio and improved linearity.
The Waters 2487 Dual Absorbance Detector has the following capabilities:
- Stand-alone programmability – Stores up to 10 user-defined programs (or methods) consisting of up to 16 programmable timed events and 2 threshold events each.
- Single or dual wavelength – Monitors absorbance at one or two discrete wavelengths.
- Wavelength verification reference – Ensures wavelength accuracy.
- Automatic second order filter – Automatically engaged for wavelengths 370 nm and greater and removed for wavelengths 369 nm or less.
- Spectrum scan and storage – Supports spectrum scan, display, subtraction, storage, and playback, in addition to standard tunable absorbance and UV/Vis functionality.
- Cuvette qualification – Facilitates qualification of the detector by insertion of a standard in a cuvette without breaking any fluidic connections.
- Waters qualification kits are available in cuvette form to support this feature. This feature also allows you to use the 2487 Detector as a benchtop spectrophotometer.
- Cuvette sample analysis – Allows the spectrum of any sample placed in the cuvette to be recorded.
- Method editing and storage – Supports basic method programming, storage, and retrieval from the front panel.
- Full diagnostic capability – Supports built-in diagnostic tools to optimize functionality and performance.
- Backward compatibility – Operates as a 486 Detector with PowerLine, Millennium32 software versions lower than 3.0, and other Waters products connected via the LAC/E™ interface using the IEEE-488 bus.
- Two contact closure outputs – The 2487 Detector has two configurable switches, each of which can accommodate a maximum of +30 Vdc, 1.2 A current carry, and 0.5 A current switching.
- The switches (SW1 and SW2) can trigger fraction collectors and other external devices, as well as activate based on time, absorbance threshold, or ratio criteria.
- Line frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
- Line voltage: 100 to 240 Vac
- Power consumption 145 VA (nominal)
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 19.8 x 11.2 in. (20.8 x 50.3 x 28.4 cm)
- Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)
The Waters 2487 Dual Absorbance Detector can be configured with the following Waters systems:
- Millennium 32 Chromatography Manager
- Waters Alliance HPLC systems (which could be the 2690, 2690D, or 2790 Separations Module)
- Waters PowerLine system